Stephen R. Johnson
Stephen Johnson has practiced law in Oklahoma City for almost 35 years. before joining Holladay & Chilton, he practiced law with James P. Linn from 1982 to 2007. His law practice focuses on complex business litigation, shareholder disputes, class actions, oil and gas litigation, construction disputes, and general commercial litigation in state and federal court.
Johnson's track record includes a number of wins in extraordinary cases, including the successful appeal of a $43 billion jury verdict in a case involving the alleged theft of tons of gold bullion buried in the Philippines during World War II.
Johnson is highly regarded for his tireless attention to detail and relentless pursuit of success in the courtroom. Johnson's extensive experience and deep knowledge of the law have made him a frequent adviser to clients and peers alike.
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
Bachelor of Arts, 1979
UNIVERSITY OF TULSA COLLEGE OF LAW
Juris Doctor, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Tenth and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Northern Districts of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- Top AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Organizations & Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Wilspec Technologies, Inc. v. DunAn Holding Group Co., Ltd., 204 P.3d 69 (Okla. 2009)
- Estate of Roxas v. Imelda Marcos, 123 P.3d 208 (Haw. 2005)
- U.S. v. Brown, 2001 WL 34379112 (M.D. La. February 2, 2001)
- BCCI Holdings (Luxembourg), Societe Anonyme v. Abdul Raouf Hasan Khalil, 184 F.R.D. 3 (D. D.C. 1999)
- Roxas v. Ferdinand E. Marcos, 969 P.2d 1209 (Haw. 1998)